Not selling products online does not mean you do not need a professional website. This is a common misconception, especially for construction businesses. Many contractors and construction firms often undervalue the power of online presence.
Your website serves as your company’s business card for prospects looking for construction services online. Studies show that 81% of your potential clients take time to get about a contractor or a construction company before making a purchase. This is enough for construction company owners to see the value of an online presence.
Imagine having a prospect visiting your website only to see poor-quality photos and very little content. Poor user experience can affect your potential client’s perception of your company.
A poorly done website can convey bad things to your target audience, such as:
- Inability to create a professional website for your business
- Cannot afford to pay a professional photographer or videographer to take good photos or videos for your website
- Not interested in attracting new clients
Your website is among your most valuable tools in your marketing campaign. It attracts people, shows them the value of your business, and urges them to contact you.
Show your clients that you have a professional company, that you offer great services (with photos to prove it), that their impression matters, and that they can rely on your for a job well done. However, when developing a construction website, there are several sets of rules to follow.
Here are the top 10 components of a dynamic construction website:
- Up-to-Date Information – Going live with your website is only half the battle. Make sure to update your website with professionally taken photos of your finished projects and include interim progress reports or live webcam feeds for projects that will take years to complete.
- Large, Full-Colour Portfolio Photos – Your potential clients want to see details of your work to ensure that their investment is worthwhile. Upload photos of the best construction projects in your gallery section on your so your target audience can easily find them. If this is not possible for some reason, simply provide a link that leads to your portfolio showing the different types of construction projects you have done in the past to showcase your skills.
Large photos can effectively convey a thousand words. However, it is important to test the resolution of the photo. High-resolution images can slow down the loading speed while low-resolution photos can make the images look blurry, which would not accurately depict your work.
- Photo Descriptions – High-quality photos may be worth a thousand words but providing descriptions can help them speak for themselves. Have a brief explanation about the company’s contributions to the project, the challenges encountered, and how your team successfully resolved the obstacles. The tone is essential—highlight a few facts and go easy on the adjective.
Image from Pexels.com
- Blogs – Writing blogs based on the most current news in the construction industry can help your clients stay updated. While you are an expert in the construction of buildings, hiring an excellent writer can present all relevant information in a blog that is both clear and compelling. Blog creation needs accurate details, sufficient attention, and regular publications. You can write about “forklift uses” or “safety protocols in construction sites”.
- User-Friendly Site Navigation – Easy navigation can help your website audience find what they are searching for. It is also a significant factor that helps web indexes in organizing your web pages effectively. Each web page should be connected to the landing page. Make sure each page is never 2 ticks from your landing page. For instance, using storehouse engineering for your website. Storehouse design aid in the arrangement of your pages into different areas.
- Client Portals – To ensure a smoother workflow, make sure your clients can log in for project details and status updates, as well as a feedback section to allow them to message you directly and have the entire conversion in one place.
- Mobile Device Optimization – Many of your potential clients use mobile devices to search for a potential local building contractor near them. So, make sure to optimize your website for mobile use so your target clients can search for your services on their smartphones.
- Your Contact – One of the biggest mistakes you can make is not providing your potential clients with your contact information. Creating a contact form on your website can be your means of communication with your potential clients. Make sure to include your email address and phone number too. If possible, provide your brick-and-mortar address and a map that clearly shows your location. Showing where your clients can locate you physically can help build trust. Putting your contact information and location can also make your website more findable by search engines.
- About Us Page – Your About Us page helps your potential clients get to know more about your company and your team. Be sure to provide images. You are more likely to earn your customer’s trust if you provide them with photos of who are working on their project.
Here are other important things to include on your About Us page:
- Photos of your team members
- Qualifications, including studies, diplomas, and certificates
- Years of experience in the construction industry
- Locations you work or accept to work
- Awards, preference for eco-friendly materials, etc.
- List of Services – When prospects visit your website, make sure to provide them with a detailed list of the type of services you provide. Before they decide to hire you, they will look into your service pages to have an idea of what your company offers.
- Customer Reviews – Online customer reviews are considered to be the modern word-of-mouth. While personal recommendations still work, many people read and trust the opinions from other customers posted online. This is why you must include a client review section on your construction website so your potential customers will know what your past clients have to say about your services. Make sure to encourage your clients to write testimonials about their experience of working with you. This is also a great way to show that their opinions are important to you.
SEO Services in Canada for Construction Website
Building a professional website for your construction company is only half the battle. To attract more potential clients and boost sales, you need a strong online presence. Investing in reliable SEO services in Canada can eventually pay off exponentially over time as SEO or search engine optimization helps position your website on top of the result pages in search queries and build momentum online.
Here are a few reasons why you should invest in a company that specializes in strategic SEO services:
- Attract the Right Customers to Your Business – SEO is the art of creating, optimizing and marketing the right online content to help bring in customers and drive more sales using the right keywords or phrases that are relevant to your construction business. Ranking your website content for every targeted keyword is not easy. However, creating content that provides answers and solutions to your target audience’s queries can help drive organic traffic and generate more leads for your business. Landing on the first page of Google also improves your reputation as a business.
- Increased Awareness – Ranking higher in search results enables more prospective clients to find your company, learn about your services, and contact you easily. People who are satisfied with your services will recommend your business not only to their family and friends, but also to complete strangers through customer reviews. Modern customers tend to trust recommendations from real people over brand advertisements before making a purchase.
- Boost Qualified Traffic – Getting more qualified traffic means attracting people who are more likely to become your client. SEO works by reaching prospects who are searching for a construction company who are searching online for services like yours. People visiting your website are more likely to convert and become customers. Investing in SEO services helps you save time and money reaching the right customers for your construction services.
SEO Tips for Your Construction Website
A construction website and SEO are valuable marketing tools that can send your business to the next level. With the increasing competition in the construction industry, SEO can help make your website stand out from your competitors. Here are 5 SEO tips for construction websites that you can use today.
- Keyword Research – Keyword research is essential for a successful SEO campaign. Using keyword research tools, such as Google Trends, Keyword Generator, Answer the Public, and Ubersuggest helps uncover relevant keywords and phrases that many people use when searching for construction services and companies. Incorporating the right keywords into your content to address topics your target audience wants to learn about can help improve your search engine rankings and give you a leg up against competitors.
- Optimize for Local Search – People search for the top construction firms in their area; that is why it is important to appear at the top of the local search results. Local SEO is an effective strategy to drive more local traffic to your website and encourage your target audience to choose your services. To optimize your website for local search, make sure to include location keywords in your title pages, web page content, and headings. Depending on your services and geo-location, you can use keywords like “paving roads with used tires in St Catharines” or “construction safety training in Brampton”. Claiming your free local listings on Google My Business, Bing, and Yelp, as well as registering your business on Google Maps, are other effective ways to optimize for local search.
- Streamline Your Site’s Navigation – Be sure to make your website navigation as easy as possible to allow your target customers to find the information they are looking for easily. Navigation should be descriptive and concise. Provide links to key pages from your homepage, as well as the link to your contact page. Easy navigation can keep users stay longer on your website, increasing the possibility of converting them into loyal customers.
Maximizing your website to strengthen your online presence may seem like a daunting task—but it’s well worth the investment!
Meta-Description: Your website is the face of your company. Use the right elements to create a website that reflects your professionalism.