Today we are going to talk about Instagram trends in 2020. Previously, the Internet marketing agency Intero considered the parameters of the ranking algorithm and methods of increasing organic reach on Instagram, and also created a guide to modern SMM marketing .
To begin with, let’s recall the trends for the past (2019) year. Their list looks like this:
- video content is the king of Instagram information strategy;
- Optimizing Subscriber Engagement – Goal # 1;
- decrease in efficiency indicators of mass following and mass liking;
- Working with reputable industry bloggers is a tactic to boost your Instagram profile rankings;
- improving the business tools of the social platform.
Note: this year, the above directions are included in the mandatory technical task. They are no longer trends.
As for the actualization of significant changes in the development of these aspects of buy instagram followers, it did not happen. Clarifications:
- video is still the foundation of brand marketing;
- work with customer engagement in 2020 will have a significant impact on the results of advertising promotion of services, etc.
Conclusion: 6 trends of 2019 are working guidelines for 2020.
Now let’s go directly to the discussion of Instagram trends for the current year. There are 5 of them:
- creating an offline content strategy for Instagram Stories;
- new targeting of hashtags;
- increasing the commercial value of viral marketing;
- original content;
- and again statistics (more on that later).
So let’s go.
There are two radically different tactics in working with this tool:
- I shoot everything;
- I use all the resources of the resource within the framework of a pre-compiled content plan.
- 60% of Instagram users participate in the expansion of the content structure of Stories every day;
- Thanks to the quick and easy creation of diverse content, Stories have become a tool for stimulating trusting communications with the target audience.
So, Stories are:
- vertical content, the study of which is not hampered by the functioning of a large number of interface elements (an additional bonus: content in Stories is shown in the format of automatically flipping through individual information blocks);
- the optimal way to consume any information.
The massive use of Stories albums and re-posts of Instagram Stories to Facebook contribute to the formation of an autonomous social network within Instagram. This, in turn, requires updating a slightly different approach in the process of working with content. These are:
- on the development of independent strategies for creating and promoting content in Stories;
- on additional funding for the implementation of the content plan and SMM Services, which implies the use of this function.
Instagram Stories are becoming more relevant to advertisers with carousel ads. Now the ad message can be stretched into three fragments. Previously, ads in Stories were limited to one slide. Carousels in Stories behave the same way as regular content: they can be scrolled, stopped and enhanced with interactive elements, as well as polls and animated stickers can be added.
More recently, Instagram has a new feature – hashtag subscription. Thanks to this update, the user has the opportunity to subscribe to the sections of his Instagram profile of interest.
Forecast: the volume of spam on frequently used hashtags will increase (as for niche, event and thematic tags, they will quickly begin to fill with information that is in no way connected with the original direction of business).
If Instagram doesn’t find a solution to this problem, then the process of signing up for hashtags becomes a game of “Guess the hashtag content”.
Instagram’s key problem is the limited availability of information and user resources of the platform. That is, it happens like this: a person subscribes to a certain number of accounts of interest to him, after which his personal information space stops expanding. Absolutely.
- receiving responses to all sent requests;
- the user cannot fully interact with most Instagram profiles (except for the ones he subscribed to).
Recently, the system has taken an indecisive, unfinished (in our opinion) step to optimize the informational leisure of the Instagram audience. Now in the news feed, we can often see the tags “We advise you to subscribe”, “This content will suit you” and so on.
Predictions for 2020:
- the recommended content already contributes to an increase in the coverage of posts (current characteristics: low engagement rates + study of the content by a non-target audience);
- most likely, the algorithms for displaying recommendations will be improved by the system in the near future.
“Template high-quality content” (we are talking about graphic content processed using the already familiar filters, photo frames and visual effects) in 2020 will not help novice bloggers and web-entrepreneurs to successfully promote both themselves and their brand.
An entrepreneur Instagram blogger Natalya Sukhareva, as part of her content strategy, is not afraid to share with the audience not only business secrets, but stories from life, stories about family and just thoughts
- customize your Instagram profile by implementing your own ideas and testing non-standard ways of presenting content;
- track the effectiveness of each technique used, guided by the preferences of your target audience;
- add as many “sincere” posts to your business account as possible (for example, tell us about the failures that happened to you during the initial promotion of a trade proposal);
- publish records no more than 2 times a day.
Yes, where without her. The final update of the analytical resource was really pleased. Now, within the framework of a business account, you can:
- track the sources of post views;
- track the performance of hashtags, geotags;
- assess the feasibility of boosting likes;
- generate monthly reports in an accelerated mode by transporting statistical data to external services.
Recommendation: Don’t ignore the benefits of optimized statistics. The sooner you start using it to its fullest, the more effective it will be to promote your Instagram business in the long run.
Instead of output
One of the most popular social platforms continues to evolve. There is no sensation in this. As for the benchmarks for 2020, it is necessary to follow two directions:
- merging Instagram with Facebook;
- changes in the algorithms for building the news feed.
That’s all. Good luck with promoting your brand on Instagram in 2020. And don’t forget about managing your reputation!