The world has become a global village due to the regime shift of globalization. This revolution has changed the trends of the 21st century significantly than that of the 20th century.
In the previous millennium, the degree was considered very important and the job was easy to find for degree holders.
However, now the story is entirely different because of increased competition due to globalization.
The arguments of skill vs degree debate
“Schooling and degrees don’t assure employment but skill does”
Adam Smith in his World bestselling book” Wealth of nations” formulates this logical argument which has even increased validity in this century of revolutions.
- In the ongoing millennium, high technology-based artificial intelligence and robotics have been seizing the jobs of human being and bringing up the woe of job insecurities.
- The degree was considered mighty in the earlier centuries to up to now; but, there is a swift transition from the degree to the skills due to the fast pace of innovation.
Skill; an amalgam of experience, intellect, and passion
The degree is most often considered as the accumulation of knowledge or intellect in a broader sense.
Nonetheless, even the factor of intellect is also overestimated sometimes.
While, on the other hand, skill is a complete package to aspire to a brilliant career.
- Companies are recruiting the employes on the yardstick of experience, intellect, and passion which can be constituted as skill.
- Hence, the degree is, somehow, losing its significance in front of the skills.
Stack skills: create value
Robert Greene- an American author and writer of six intellectual bestsellers books- amply forecasts the destination as “The future belongs to those who learn more skills and combine them in creative ways.”
- This can be manifested in the case studies of Steves Job, Mark Zuckerberg, and Bill Gates.
- This personnel is a crystal clear demonstration of how much the skills are important
- As well as describe how much potential skills harness to make its owner be extraordinary not only in fame but also in the domain of finances.
- unfortunately, the degree has less regarded as compare to skills in this consensus.
Build your Skills not your Resume
Sheryl Kara Sandberg- the first woman to serve Chief Operating Officer of Facebook- in one of the tweets opined that building skills are of paramount importance than just updating your resume.
- This also clearly undertakes the significance of skills in the 21st century.
- There are millions of degree holders based on traditional education looking for jobs but still unemployed due to the lack of skills.
- Contrary to this, skilled people have a decent financial milieu even in this pandemic of Covid-19.
- “Skill development, speed, and scale are the 3 important aspects that are relevant to the present-day growth and development module”, this remarks owed to the head of the World’s largest democracy, Narendra Modi.
The above discussion makes a victory case for the superiority of skills over the degree.
This analysis can be used to create employment opportunities for 20% unemployed population of the world, facts brokered by the International Monetary Fund.
The triumph of skills can be entailed by nourishing the entrepreneurship which has the potential to uplift the living standards of millions of people across the globe.
- As skills are a necessity of the century, research must be conducted.
- In order to accommodate the research in an effective manner, it is important to know how to write a dissertation for compiling the research work.
- The purpose of every research plan is to address the specified key issue.
- The prerequisite for it is the formulation of the statement of the problem example to specify the domains of research skillfully.
- Every nation has trying it’s best to build human capital by transforming the population into a human resource through equipping them with the skills-a panacea to all the challenges of 21st century.