New York City recently installed a new bus stop that goes in the opposite direction of other bus stops. Called Gus the bus backwards, this stop transports people in the opposite direction of other buses. Reportedly, it has been around for over a century and is one of only three such places in New York City. Some have questioned if this is safe because Gus can’t really go backward (only at certain speeds), but it seems to be staying.
1. Gus the bus backwards tik tok is a bus stop that goes in the opposite direction of other stops.
2. Gus is one of only three such places in New York City , as well as one of only three tiktok in New York State .
3. There have been some concerns about safety, but so far Gus has proven to be perfectly safe, except when it goes too fast.
4. Some people have suggested putting in a speed limit, although there are concerns about whether this will be effective.
5. Others suggest that making Gus go slower by adding sand and/or grass would be better than a speed limit or whips (although it is questionable how effective this would actually be).
6. There have been a few suggestions about starting Gus backwards, including one that would make Gus go backward at the first corner and do nothing else. Others suggest starting it instantly.
7. Some people have suggested that you should get off the bus as soon as you can to avoid getting hit by Gus when it comes around, which is probably just as bad as getting hit by other buses .
8. Many of the suggestions for making Guns safer involve parking guards for safety, but many people feel that this is not an effective option because if a car gets into an accident and tries to run into all of the tiktox, it is only going to end up hitting one of them (or all three).
9. Some people have proposed adding a stop sign, but this is considered ineffective, since Gus is too fast to stop for stop signs.
10. Some of the people who suggested adding a stop sign have proposed putting it at a perfect angle so that Gus actually does hit the stop sign and therefore stops.
11. A few solutions involve adding things to get out of the way, like bushes, trees and/or flowers to slow down Gus when it goes too fast.
12. A few solutions involve fancy new buses that can deal with all of the obstacles put in their way (including avoiding things on both sides).
13. Some people have suggested putting the stop sign at the front of Gus instead of the back, so that anyone coming head on would be hit by Gus.
14. Some people have suggested adding a new bus to replace Gus and make sure that it doesn’t go backwards anymore.
15. Other people have suggested fixing Gus (which is probably more dangerous because it’s already broken).
16. Some people have suggested putting up a solid barrier between the bus lane and traffic to keep Gus from going too fast and getting into accidents with cars, but this seems highly ineffective since there are many other buses in this area and these tend to go fast as well .
17. Some people have suggested adding a guard rail for Gus to go over so that it won’t hit the cars coming down the street (such as if Gus were to be traveling in the same direction as the cars). This is probably ineffective because it seems likely that any guard rail Gus does run into wouldn’t be properly secured and would eventually fall off.
18. Some people have suggested putting up signs so that other tiktox know not to get in front of Gus when it’s coming around or going backwards, because they will end up hitting it.
19. Some people have suggested putting a turn signal so that other buses know not to stop in the bus lane and get hit by Gus (which seems to be absolutely ridiculous).
20. Some of the people who suggested putting up a turn signal have also recommended adding one of those signs that would make you know not to wait on the sidewalk in front of an intersection when there is no traffic .
21. Some people have proposed taking out the stop sign on Gus, which would make it go too fast and therefore cause accidents. Other people have proposed leaving it in place.
22. Some people have suggested making some or all of Gus’ lights red , just for added safety (although some believe this would unnecessarily speed things up).
23. Many people have suggested putting up speed bumps to slow down Gus while it is going in the wrong direction. However, it would probably be more effective just to put in a sledgehammer and demolish the road surface underneath Gus so that it would get stuck when it goes too fast.
24. Some people have suggested putting in another bus for the “backwards” part of Gus’ route, which would actually require less direct maintenance than having one bus go twice, since there wouldn’t be any traffic or buses coming from anywhere else .
25. Some people have suggested making other tattoos that look like Gus , but this seems like a waste of resources.